HIKING INSTRUCTIONS (Patsos area, Amari, Rethymno)
We welcome you to historic and picturesque village of Patsos and wish you a pleasant stay. We promise that you will enjoy a family setting that makes you feel like home. While you are in Patsos don’t miss the opportunity to explore the unspoiled and unparalleled natural beauty by enjoying some outdoor activities.
Here we present some directions and useful information about three (3) hiking routes .For all three (3) routes you can see:
– A short description of the route.
– A map with detailed information how to go
– Some photos
If you want to hike and enjoy the dream for all three routes you have two options:
- You can hike independently. In this case, a copy of the map (hiking route trail) and an App (for smartphones) where the route is loaded, are available (free).
- You can hike guided by a well experienced guide, not only to guide you safely but also to give you more information of historical, archaeological and cultural interest.
- All three routes start from the same point. This is the cool waters of the village fountain and the thick shadow of the perennial plane tree located next to small traditional tavern “PATSOS”.
- At the end of each route, you can return by car as long as you have arranged it in advance.
- The routes are suitable for average hikers .You will need solid footwear, as the paths are sometimes stony.
- Each season has its charm, but the best time to walk is the spring. The hills are bright green and covered with every colour of flower. At summer periods, you should set out early, so as to walk before the hottest part of the day.
- Take plenty of water with you. Wear comfortable long trousers and hiking boots.
PS: Apart from the three routes, there are many more beautiful routes around the village that suit all levels of fitness and hiking / climbing experiences and can be organized on the spot.
- Hiking / Trekking routes in Rethymno CRETE (Patsos Gorge / AMARI)